Park Gate House B&B is a cosy, traditional bed and breakfast, with elegantly furnished period interiors, only two minutes walk from Burghley Park and five minutes from the historic Stamford Town Centre. Park Gate House proprietors Ann Mari and Peter have known Stamford for many years. Peter runs St. Martins Antiques Centre, which explains the tastefully furnished period interiors.
The George of Stamford is perhaps England's greatest coaching inn. The exact age of The George is not known, but historians have referred to it as "A very ancient hostelry, once belonging to the Abbots of Croyland". Therefore The George must be nearly 900 and is perhaps one thousand years old. It retains the charm and atmosphere of its long history and yet offers today's guests every modern comfort. It is no more than 50 metres walk from St Martins Antiques Centre.
Just across from the Centre, The Garden House Hotel, part of which dates back to 1796, has changed very little over the years. It was described in the Stamford Mercury of 11th June 1813 as being of modern design with two kitchens, breakfast, eating and drawings rooms, with nine bedrooms above. Now it has been transformed into a beautiful 20 room hotel offering modern comforts and traditional service.
The delightful Bull and Swan Inn is right next to the Centre. The Inn was probably originally called simply The Woolpack and a 1680 reference corroborates this. In 1739 the pub was taken over by Walter Robinson, a former coachman to the Earl of Exeter, who changed the name to the Bull & Swan. It has Real Ale on tap, indoor and garden restaurants, overnight accommodation and a friendly atmosphere throughout.